For Amy's 15 Week Challenge, she's asked us to re-create one of our favorite sinful recipes and making them figure friendly. I absolutely love banana bread, but due to the detox I'm currently on, I can't have it. I decided to make it healthier to suit my diet and it came out really really good.
This is what my usual Banana Bread looks like:
And how the finished NEW Banana Cake will turn out to look like:
To start off, here are the ingredients you will be needing for this recipe:
*4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
*240 ml (8 fl oz) Rice Milk
*285 g (10 oz) Wholemeal Flour
*3 tsp Baking Powder
*170 g (6 oz) Maple Syrup
*Pinch of Sea Salt
*2 tsp Vanilla Extract
*1-2 Banana's (Depending on how much banana flavor you want. I prefer 2 Banana's)
1. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F)
2. Lightly dust a 23 cm (9 inch) cake tin with flour.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
4. In a different bowl combine the other ingredients and whisk them together until smooth.
5. Gently add in the wet ingredients into the flour, mixing until combined. Don't over mix, as this will cause the mixture to get too thick!
6. Add the mixture into your cake tin and add to the center of your oven for 40 minutes.
It taste extremely good, and it's much healthier for you then most Banana Bread's that I have found. I highly recommend this recipe if your a banana lover like me! You can add anything to the top of your cake as you desire. I prefer it by itself, and sometimes adding a little butter to the top of it.